October 2, 2001
Ice Hockey defenseman
Alexander Nikishin is a Russian professional ice hockey defenseman currently playing for SKA Saint Petersburg in the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL).
- Up to the age of 12, Nikishin played hockey in his native Orel, and then went to continue his hockey education in Moscow. A pupil of CSKA.
- Alexander trained at the schools of the Moscow region “Atlanta”, CSKA and “Wings of the Soviets”, went to several clubs for viewing and eventually liked the scouts of HC Spartak Moskva.
- Nikishin made his KHL debut for HC Spartak Moskva during the 2019–20 season.
- He was drafted by the Carolina Hurricanes in the 3rd round of the 2020 NHL Entry Draft with the 69th overall pick.
- Made his debut for the national team in November 2021 and took part in the stages of the Euro Tour.
- On 23 January 2022, Nikishin was named to the roster to represent Russian Olympic Committee athletes at the 2022 Winter Olympics and won silver medal.
- In July 2022, he moved to SKA.
- During the 2022/23 season, the KHL recognized Nikishin as the best defender of the month three times (in September, October and January).
- In the 2022/23 season, he scored 63 (15+48) points in 81 regular season and playoff matches and set a record for points in one championship for SKA defenders.
- In the 2022/23 season, he became the winner of the Continental Cup and the bronze medalist of the Russian Championship as part of the SKA.